food/love/life/film

Friday, May 2, 2014

The D

It would seem that budgeting stays being a problem for my unemployed (yet perfectly happy soul).

Why, just yesterday was a holiday, and I spent it doing exactly what I would do most days anyway.
Every day is a holiday in my life, and I love it.
I can do pretty much what I want (except for those things that I have to do to pay the rent. But really, everything is a choice, right? If you don't want to pay the rent, you don't have to. Like I always say, the only things you have to do are stay black and die, unless you're Michael Jackson or Jesus), which, I might add, involves a LOT of sleep, because, guys, like 50% of the reason I quit is because of my deeply focused need to sleep.

I get cranky if I don't get at least 8 hours, and even then, it depends on, like, the weather, to see if I will actually make it through. 10 hours is optimum.

So back to budgeting. What happened was, I had this phone that I bought in Dec '12 (that feels like it was like 3 years ago. Or something. Why is time moving so fast? How are we already in MAY, guise?). From day ONE it was giving me drama, but I was so excited about my transition into the symbian world (yes, that is when I was transitioning. I'm an emotional hoarder. Sue me.) that I didn't care. I was all 'Oh GLORY! I'm on WHATSAPP! I MATTER!'. Much like everyone at the start of a semi-abusive pseudo-fulfilling relationship.

On we went until the phone just decided, by the way, zi. It was a Nokia, right? And in my head, they still make Nokias like they used to. So no matter how many times I dropped it, wherever I dropped it (that's a story for another day), it would still come back alive. Kicking, maybe not so much. I mean, sure, sometimes it would hang. Ok, most times. And sure, he needed about 5 minutes to get up and running. (:D) But I was fine with that. I was a patient lover, and if my lover was getting senile, all it meant was that I could officially change his will and get all his loot, amirite?

Then, suddenly, letters stopped working. Many letters. Like, the backspace button, the enter button, the w, the p, the s, the x, the shift button for capitalizing...lemme tell you, my messages started looking like coder language (is that what it's called? my major WASN'T IT, can you tell?). My Ws became double vs (vv), my Ss became $, all in the interest of trying to get creative enough to get the message across. I mean, imagine writing this sentence without all those letters.:

imagine vvriting thi$ $entence vvithout all tho$e letters (and you can't make a mistake, because every time you do, you have to start over. DUDE.)

I knew it was over. Especially when I couldn't do one of my favourite smileys:
:D

Because I couldn't shift (capitalize) my d.
And that D is very important to me.

It was time for a breakup.
The upgrade was a sleek Sony that I just couldn't get my hands around - no, really. This smart phone tomfoolery is irritating. I don't like the little buzz it makes when you press the screen. I don't like the silence, either. I wan't the CLICK, damnit. A KEYPAD. I don't like auto correct. I have big fingers so I stay pressing 4 letters. WHERE ARE THE FUNCTIONAL SMART PHONES WITH A TOUCH SCREEN AND A QWERTY KEYPAD?...and an 8 MP camera, and your answer is, for 6 million dollars, nowhere. The Sony had its own dramas (like a tiny, slow memory...I stay picking the senile ones. But that may have been as a result of what I think was a virus in the mem card), so that was eventually ditched for a Tecno, and now, I can smile again. My wallet isn't smiling too hard though, because there go all my Art Caffe dates (this, apparently, was the point of this post. Go figure.) Let's see how long this will last...

:D :D :D

tSN

No comments:

Post a Comment