I swear I wrote this post ages ago and then something happened and then...well, I'm here now.
Hello, folks! It's been a while. Things have changed in my life, which will be blogged about at a later date (I hope. I pray). I will just say, the major change was The Move from Foreverland to The Sunny Side (cue dancing from Singing in the Rain). This has had an impact on several areas of my life, namely:
1. I have not unpacked because I have to install shelves because it is a studio apartment.
2. No unpacking means for two weeks means I have worn the same jeans an embarrassing number of times within those two weeks (thank goodness for days I stay home and wear pyjamas).
3. It is on the 6th floor. I will never go to the gym again.
4. The view is awesome, both for flights and fights. I was watching one the other day at 3 a.m. Chick was screaming like a banshee about her brother's girlfriend. Refused to let him go with her. Sat her arse down in the middle of the street, talmbout he ain't going nowhere with that heifer. Tv? Y'all still do that?
5. There is a rooster...shop...thing, outside, and a mosque, so at odd hours (i.e. 5 a.m., after the fights are done) the Imam and rooster do a collabo. But I can sleep through a cock (haaaaaaaaaaa), or a tornado (I slept through those quakes for Nai. Remember those mini-quakes?)...I mean, the only thing that wakes me up is my alarm clock. Not a cock. (I couldn't resist)
I love that there's more people I know around me, and two hospitals down the road (I mean, they don't take my insurance, but they'll do in a pinch). I love that I haven't been near The Death Highway in ages, and that my local is a supermarket a 10 minute walk away (see? No gym. Ever again). The elec prepaid meter irritates me (no, I am not going to put in more unless I absolutely have to -ha!- and quit the beeping. It's like a baby.), but I guess it was going to get to me anyway. All the caretakers know my name (c'mon, c'mon say my name!)
I like it here. (on the sunnyyyy/side of the street)