food/love/life/film

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I learnt...

...that sometimes, no matter how much you love people, sometimes you just wanna take out a 9 millimetre and send them to their Maker.

...that I need to stop quoting stuff I see on the net like it's the gospel. The net is like Wikipedia. But worse.

...that I do not believe in shaving, and possibly never will. Come on, now. It's painful. I am not masochistic. It itches like self-inflicted poison ivy. Who DOES self-inflicted poison? It was meant to be there. Unless I have a moustache and back hair (and even then, just get a cover-all swimsuit. Ha.), it is not that serious. *hides from the mob of glamorous socialites who want to lynch me with tweezers*

....that there is such a thin line between adolescence youth and adulthood, between disrespect and backbone. There is standing up to your parents, and there is breaking their hearts, and there is finding yourself, and there is being grown up enough to find a delicate balance. I'm not there yet.

...and on that note, that I am still so very, very young. BOOYAH, BIRTHDAY!! BOOOOOYAAAAAAH!!!

....that it sucks how much small scale problems - like a new pimple or stupid boys and foolish games - takes away perspective from the bigger picture - like Turkana. Humans. Smh.

...that sometimes,even if you're being unreasonable,you just need to get that shit off your chest. This does not apply to crazy people. Disclaimer. Right there. Put down the flame thrower.

...that patience, for some reason, is sometimes harder with those you care for, because you think that they, of all people, should understand.

...that you can sing #1 hit BIG BOOTY BITCHES to I LIKE TO MOVE IT by Eric Morillo and it sounds fantastic in the kitchen when you're doing dishes.

...and while we are still on the subject, this year, I MUST learn the words to Baby Got Back. I will have a void in my heart until I do so. A deep, yearning need.

...that I must eat and make merry, for tomorrow, I may dine in hell, and memories will be all I have left next to what used to be my consciousness.

...that one can find love in the most unexpected yet expected places.

...and that truly, everyone is different. Not everyone loves Michael Bolton, or has an aversion to pumpkins. *shrugs* Go figure.

In spite of its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.
- Desiderata

tSN

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad some wisdom is finally seeping in :-D

    also, I kind of love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

    Kind of?

    I'll take it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waxing. Try it. Hurts like a bitc# the first time but get's easier thereafter (...disclaimer I fear pain too much to try it in the nether regions)

    And no one seriously likes pumpkins. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a mostly feeble attempt to burst your youth bubble... Life expectancy just went down #HalfGrin

    ReplyDelete
  5. @theBNguy ignoring you...lol

    @The Spinster hurts like a bitch? THIS is what you chose to sell it with? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. new follower...mmmmh i lyk wat am reading....good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  7. im stuck on the hair tip....like, never???? I'm terribly sorry, I am cursed with a fertile imagination that often goes off on its on tangent, but, everywhere??? Like a 70s bush? i shudder to think of it! Proceeeding to your other posts.....

    ReplyDelete